The purpose or purposes for which the corporation is formed are as follows.
- To identify emerging and accomplished young artists in the music, visual and performing arts, and to provide them with creative and professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
- To establish a prosperous and sustainable community to provide young artists with extended opportunity for orchestral performances.
- To raise the appreciation for, and support of, young artists in American society.
- To implement a series of application-based awards for emerging artists from across the country.
- To develop programs to empower young artists to pursue a life in the arts.
- To bring the work of young, emerging and accomplished artists to audiences in New York as well as in other parts of the country.
- To support our work of identifying and nurturing these artists at every stage of their professional development while sharing their talents with the public.